Saturday, June 30, 2007

Fun with Year 6!

It's been a hectic week! On Tuesday I went into Max's school to make Memory Books with the Year 6's. It's their fun week, and Tuesday was their day at school doing fun things. I had suggested the idea to Max's teacher, but did question my sanity last weekend when I found myself punching holes in 130 board covers!!!!

The children did the books in groups of about 10, and we had such fun doing it. They were as good as gold, and really enjoyed using the Sizzix machine and paper punches. It was just a shame that with only one Sizzix machine they didn't all get a go - but I'll be going back in to make sure they all get a turn!

I took some paint and sponges in so that they could make their own background if they wanted - some did get carried away and what did look a nice pattern ended up as just a dark mush!!!! They had fun doing it though! Here's my Max cutting away - unfortunately I can't post pictures of the other children here. Sign of the times!!!

As you can see, the finished covers look great! Inside they are going to have pages with titles such as 'My Favourite Teacher' 'My Moste Embarrassing Moment' etc etc. Then some blank pages for their friends to sign, pages where I will print off adress sheets so they can swap mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses, and finally at the back we shall make a pocket page. I have given the teachers lists of the children's names, and the idea is that they write something they like about each child next to their name. I will then cut those sheets into strips, and put the strips in their pocket at the end of the term, so they can take it home with a pocket full of nice things to read about themselves!

My reward for doing this with them was a day in Chessington with them all on Thursday - the weather stayed dry and we had a brilliant time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I bet they loved doing that and what a fabulous keepsake to remind them of their time at Primary School. The idea of the pocket with positive messages is brilliant. It will really boost their egos as they move to being the small fish in a big pond and will be something they will treasure for many years. Well done you. I bet Max is really proud of having such a fun yummy mummy. VBG, Liz x

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home