Sunday, June 17, 2007

Forum Friends

This weekend has been a bit surreal! For years I have chatted to friends on the Cards Inspirations forum - and this weekend I met some of my favourites! I chat to Linda Hart who's in New Zealand several times a week on messenger, we sit there with our webcams on showing each other what we are making, and nattering away! (unfortunately for Linda her evening is our first thing in the morning, so the view on her webcam is not a pleasant one!!!)

This weekend it was as if I had been granted a wish, and the little lady on the computer screen could step out of it for two days to play - after which she had to go back in the computer screen!

She looked just like a real life version of the MSN Linda, spoke the same and everything!!!

I thought it would be really emotional meeting her in person after all these years, but it wasn't at all because she's the same as she is on webcam and we know each other so well!!! It was fab to be able to give her a big hug and see her in real life, a real treat of a weekend. Liz Gale came to stay here on Friday night - what a nice lady!! Completely mad, really good fun and lovely!!! We drove up to Cirencester on Saturday morning, where we met up with Linda, MizGeorge, AlisonG and Flo (Sarah) and the lovely Su Naylor at the Stamp Bug for a day of workshops. As I write this Jane Pinder must be lying in a dark room somewhere!!! She gave us a fantastic day, we had such fun, and her workshops were just brilliant. We played with art moulds, caught in crystal, stamping, friendly plastic - lots of fun things!! It was not a quiet day for Jane, I think she realised what she was in for when we were nearly approaching lunch time and still on the introductions!!!

And of course it would have been rude to be stood in the Stamp Bug and not to have bought anything!!! Have you ever been there? It is fantastic, so many stamps, so many lovely things. I bought Jane's new book which looks very exciting, and I can't wait to explore it - and a few other things sort of fell into my shopping basket too! Jane did workshops, lunch, till - the lot, and smiled all the way through! I wonder if she just locked the door behind us and crept into her dark room there?!!

After a lovely meal Linda, Liz and I went back to George's for a sleepover!! What a great time we had! We discovered the Wii games console, and how me managed to play tennis, table tennis and golf without breaking anything or knocking each other out I don't know!!! It was certainly a weekend I will never forget!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Sara you win a prize for taking the worst photo of me ever, it's official :)

Wasn't a great day?

I really had a great time

And it was great to meet you at long last

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good write up Sara, I particularly like the bit where you describe me in glowing terms. The weekend was indeed fabulous and I will remember it fondly for many years.
VBG, Liz x

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Liz not A.Nonymous!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naughty Sara! You promised you wouldn't post the bogey photo! I agree - fabby weekend, and thanks for organising it!

Linda, who doesn't know how not to be A.nonymous

4:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I don't think I actually promised . . . !!!!! Anyway, you're not supposed to be looking until 5 weeks time when you get back to NZ, and I was going to take it off then!!!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that's cleared that up - I was going to ask what embellishment Linda was about to put on her card in that pic.
PS Linda click 'other' & then type in your name.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home