Friday, December 01, 2006

Crap Mum!!

What is the the most important thing on a child's agenda when December approaches? Of course, it's opening their advent calendar window. So after pinching and punching everyone this morning for first day of the month, they looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to produce their calendars!!!! And guess what I had completely forgotten about!! Strangely I had bought one for my nephews, but not my own children!!!!

So as soon as they'd gone to school I dashed to Sainsburys. The only ones left were Dr Who ones!!! Now, I knew my girls would not be impressed if I presented these to them when they got home!!! An alternative was needed!! I spotted three little blank plastic pots stuffed with jelly sweets which were an ideal size, and grabbed the 3 for 2 mini chocolate bar offers as fast as I could. Once home, the first task was to empty the boxes, and if I ever see another Christmas shaped jelly sweet, I'm sure I'll be sick on the spot!! OK, I could have saved them for the kids, but ho ho ho!! I quickly decorated the little boxes, and devised a plan that would make these pots a much better alternative to a calendar!! Each day I shall put a little something in their box and hide them, leaving a clue on the windowsill. This will make it a mini treasure hunt too! For instance Meals on Wheels will mean they are in the hostess trolley!!!

If you're wondering how the craft room is looking - it's nearly finished and fab!! I get such a lovely feeling when I walk into the room!! Any excuse and I pop up here!! Holly sent me an instant message from her bedroom to say Daddy was home yesterday!!! I'm waiting until it's tidy before I take a photo for you!!! That day might never come though, so tomorrow I'll take a picture whatever!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think you're a fab mum!
My own mother had so little faith in MY parenting skills that I received not one, but two advent calenders ot give nornor in the post this week.....

And these will be waaaay cooler than anything you could have bought.
gxxxxx

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool advent treasure hunt Sara - but I'm seriously worried - a HOSTESS TROLLEY ??!!!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous is me, Linda!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home