Sunday, October 29, 2006

Scary Fun!

First I tried to put the children off their food serving them dead mens thumbs for their tea!! The house was in darkness, lights were banned, and lots of ketchup made these very convincing!

They were starting to get spooked already, so when I crept outside and knocked on the window with a scary mask on, they leapt out of their skins!!!

When buying the doughnuts to hang from strings for the 'eating them with your hands behind your back game' I bought the ones with chocolate on the top - not thinking of the consequences of this!!! Max was the clean one - you should have seen the other boys!!!

But luckily a good dunk in a tub of water was on hand!!

Followed by a face full of flour as they fished for smarties!!

I'd like to say that all this activity wore them all out, and that they were tucked up in bed soon after . . . the girls went next door to Natasha's for a sleepover, and the boys were locked away in the den, where the mischief continued for a lot longer!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Andrea C (Frog) said...

Looks like you had a great time Sara , the sausage fingers look great i will try that for my kids.

Andrea_7

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Fantastic photos :) Those sausages look amazing, such a clever idea.

Jo x

10:17 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sara those fingers look so scary they are ace, great piccies and sounds like a fab time was had by all. Those piccies of your nephews are sooooo cute!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Bex said...

OMG I had to come back and look again ......... they are SO realistic ..........
My nephew has just looked and his Mum is now worried at the standard you have set!!!

Fab

Love Bex xxxxxx

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!
They look amazing!!!
and the pictures are crying out to be scrapped!!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

brilliant ! I love the fingers ! very cool. Thanks for some ideas- we have a spooky party on Halloween.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya mum hehe im posting something on ur webby! Wish I had been there those fingers looked AMAZING! I bet the boys jumped a foot because of the mask- your scary enough anyway!hehe not really but im your daughter im allowed to say that...I hope!!! Luv ya loadz frm holz hehehe Im hyper!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hi Sara - just found your blog for the first time :)

Those Dead Mens Thumbs are BRILLIANT! I have a Halloween party starting in, ummm, a couple of hours- I think I need to make some of them :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

doh - no wonder I've only just found it - it's brand new :)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your DD - those fingers are a great idea ...... lol!! Looks like everyone had a great time.xx

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home