Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pinch punch


The first day of the month is very popular in this house. For the children it's because they get to run screaming down the stairs first thing in the morning pinching and punching everyone! For me it's because I get to see the pictures of our groups ATC's online, and then wait expectantly for the postman to see which ones I will receive. (For those of you who have absolutely no idea what an ATC is, it's an artist trading card - people make them and swap them with each other, like pokemon cards but more fun!!!)

This month is even more exciting for me, as I took part in a canvas swap, and the deadline was for today so I am waiting to see more pictures of lovely work. I had such fun with this challenge. I like to go beyond the flat, so cut a hole in the middle of my canvas. However, what I was planning to do wasn't possible, as I had a pleasant surprise. Behind the canvas the wood sloped down towards the middle, which was the perfect thing for a 3d picture. So I painted the slopey wood black. A lovely stamp I have been itching to use from the Stampington company was perfect for the oriental theme, and I stamped it on part of the canvas I had cut out, and then cut out another image from vellum, and mounted it slightly proud of the canvas to give it depth. I stuck this in the recess, and then sewed fibres round the edge of the outer canvas to frame it.

I so enjoyed playing with this - painting with my fingers and destroying things are just up my street!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home