Friday, November 10, 2006

Meeting a fab gal!



This is my pile of ironing!!! I thought I ought to tackle it as I've been out to play today, and am going out to play tonight!!! Unfortunately though, the iron is under that lot!!! I stupidly put it on the counter, and then gradually put things for ironing on the same counter, which over time grew to be a mountain!

But I had such a fab day, I don't mind! I started my journey in bright sunshine, the perfect weather for a long drive. This worried me slightly, as you remember the last long journey I had where everything was going well turned into a disaster!! So I was somewhat relieved to head straight into a traffic jam! The journey took a good two hours, but I arrived in Cirencester and there was George with a great big hug!! And little Elinor looking gorgeous in a lovely bright pink dress! George is one of the most interesting people you could meet. She has been to amazing places, and done amazing things, and I just love hearing about her life!

And to top it all, George has bought a house which has to be the most interesting house I've ever been to as well!! After a quick stop off at Paper Arts I was taken for a tour of it. If beams could talk, what fantastic stories you could have round the lovely brick fireplace every night!!! The character of the house overwhelms you from the minute you walk through the door!! Just think, those beams have seen centuries! A lovely windy staircase, corridors and rooms on different levels, an absolutely amazing place!! And what will be George's craft room has such character - and a birds eye view of a wonderful bakery that is exactly opposite her front door!! I did suggest to George that she install a pulley system so that they can pop her cakes in her basket without her even having to move, but I don't know if she'll do it!!

Of course it would have been rude to walk past the bakery without going in, and so we just had time to stuff a panini before I had to go to be home to meet the children from school. Luckily George had a delivery of craft stuff sitting on the kitchen table with some lovely things in which we explored, and which I shall be ordering myself later!!! Her stash is the thing dreams are made of!!! So thanks George for a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

the house is amazing isn't it?

and next time you are in that bakery - try the refrigerator cakes

yuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm jealous, but my turn will come!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home