Wednesday, September 05, 2007

They were nearly here!!!

Today was Max's first day at Wildern! It was just the year 7's today, so he didn't have his sister's bossing him about!!! He said he wanted to catch the bus home, not be picked up (because he wanted time to spend with his girlfriend!!!), so off he went with his bus fare, and his mobile phone as I was sure he'd need it!! He is so much in his own world, I could just picture him sitting on a bus heading in totally the wrong direction!!

While Max was at school the girls and I headed for town - I had put off the school trousers shopping trip to the last minute! 3 hours later we had successfully bought them and we got home - there was a phone message to say that a delivery company had tried to deliver my craft tools but been turned away!!! I quickly tried to ring my contact, but his phone was on answer phone, so I could only leave a message and wait for his call.
As time ticked on, I realised that Max should have arrived half an hour ago. Now, should I go out looking for him and risk missing the call, or stay for the call and hope Max turned up sometime? Of course, being the good mother I am, I stayed for the call!! After a while the girls convinced me that I should go and look for him, and they would ring my mobile if the call came. As I drove up the drive, there was Max with a huge grin on his face!!! He'd gone to see the teachers at his old school, which was why he was so late!!! Lesson number one of big school - turn your phone on when you get out so your Mother can ring you!!
So where were my Kwik-Threads? Well, apparently they had been delivered to another road of the same name! A little old lady had refused to accept them! And so they will be delivered again here on Friday. FRIDAY!! My tools will be here for real on Friday!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flipping heck, what a day. Go pour yourself a large glass (or 6) of red and I'll do the same in sympathy!!!!! VBG, Liz x

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cor, look how grown up he is now!
Max, don't forget now, switch on the phone when you come out of school. It was my little friend that phone, whilst I was in the UK!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home